In order to apply to the MA, please ensure that you have completed and submitted the following (note: prospective joint JD/MA students, click here):
- A degree from an accredited four-year university
- Duke Graduate School’s Online Application form
- The MA supplemental questions, which you can download here and upload with your Graduate School application:
- Describe and analyze an issue or dilemma in bioethics or science policy that you find interesting and challenging. Please limit your response to a maximum of 1200 words.
- What are your career goals, and how do you think this program will help you achieve them? Please limit your response to a maximum of 600 words.
- The MA program offers the opportunity to concentrate in Genomics, Neuroscience, Public Impact & Engagement, or an independent concentration. Please indicate if you have an interest in concentrating and if so, which area(s) you are considering. Your response is not binding and is for planning purposes only.
- Three letters of recommendation (academic and professional recommendations are allowed)
- Transcript(s) from each post-secondary institution attended
- Official GRE scores (for exceptions, click here).
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores (International applicants only)
For more information on the application process, please visit the Duke University Graduate School.
Spring 2018 Enrollment
MA Admissions deadline: October 1, 2017
JD/MA Admissions deadline: October 15, 2017
Fall 2018 Enrollment for MA and MD/MA Applicants
Priority admissions deadline: January 31, 2018
General admissions deadline: March 31, 2018
Space Available Deadline: May 31, 2018
Applications will be accepted after May 31 on a space-available basis.